latest update 13/01/2021
WE WILL BE RECEIVING OUR FIRST DELIVERY OF THE PFIZER VACCINE NEXT WEEK. THIS IS ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT INITIALLY. THERE WILL BE MORE VACCINES DELIVERED OVER WEEKS / MONTHS FOLLOWING THIS BUT WE ARE NOT NOTIFIED UNTIL SHORT NOTICE OF THE DELIVERY DATE, AND HOW MUCH WE WILL RECEIVE,SO PLEASE BEAR WITH US.
THE 3 KEYNSHAM PRACTICES WILL BE WORKING TOGETHER TO RUN CLINICS FROM WESTVIEW SURGERY AND WILL BE PRIORITISING VACCINATIONS ACCORDING TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WHEN ITS THE TURN OF THE CATEGORY YOU FALL INTO AND WHEN WE HAVE THE VACCINE.
PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE WORK THROUGH THIS MAMMOUTH TASK. WE WANT TO GET ALL OUR ELIGIBLE PATIENTS VACCINATED AS QUICKLY AS WE CAN. IF YOU GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE YOUR VACCINE AT A MASS VACCINATION SITE THEN PLEASE TAKE WHICHEVER OPTION IS SOONER.
Latest update 13/01/21
if you have any questions about the vaccination programme, please email: email@example.com please do not contact the practice as we are busy making bookings and answering calls for patients who need to be seen urgently. Thank you for your patience
TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS
We are all excited to hear about the progress of the rolling out of the Covid vaccine and look forward to this improving the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
There are now two vaccines available to protect patients – Oxford/AstraZeneca and Pfizer-BioNTech.
- Another vaccine (Moderna) has been licenced and will be available later on in 2021.
- The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) have emphasised that it is best for patients to get their second dose 12 weeks after their first vaccine. There is a high level of protection afforded by the first dose
- By vaccinating a greater number of people with a single dose, more deaths and hospitalisations will be prevented.
- Please do not contact the surgery nor the hospital to seek a vaccine, we will contact you when the NHS has instructed us to
- With the current rapid increase in Covid-19 cases it is even more important to
- wash your hands
- wear a face mask as advised
- keep 2 metres apart
Thank you for your patience
Grosvenor Place Surgery